Avery Dennison offers you a large selection of screen and cut films so you can match the right product for the job. Choice is good but sometimes the number of products can be overwhelming. The Avery Graphics Color Selector is a great tool to keep on hand in your shop and we have some tips to help.
The Avery Graphics Screen & Cut Portfolio is a merger of the sign cut and screen print product lines that expands the best available combination of face film, adhesive performance and liner technologies into more than 400 products. The new portfolio includes cast opaque and translucent, calendered, specialty and reflective films. A swatch of each film is included in the Color Selector within the following categories:
- Avery Dennison 1200 and 1100 High Visibility Reflective products include glass bead and prismatic films for excellent day-night visibility of graphics and safety markings. These films can be used for advertising & identification graphics, emergency vehicle markings, plus conspicuity tape for buses, trailers and rail cars. HV 1100 films are durable up to 3 years and HV 1200 is durable up to 7 years.
- Avery Dennison 900 Ultimate Cast include more than 100 cast opaque films, special effect cast window films, premium metallic cast films, ultra metallic cast films, and translucent colors with most-specified for backlit signage. Durability ranges from 5 to 10 years and is included in the Color Selector.
- Avery Dennison 800 Premium Cast offers cost-effective, intermediate translucent films that are durable up to 6 years.
- Avery Dennison 700 High Performance Calendered Opaque films are available in 64 colors and offer optimal cutting and weeding performance as well as screen printability and are durable for up to 6 years.
- Avery Dennison 500 Promo Calendered films are cost-effective, intermediate high-gloss films in the most popular colors and durable up to 4 years.
- Avery Dennison 100 Specialty Films include leaf, holographic, polyester, metalized polyester, paint mask, fluorescent, glow-in-the-dark, true shadow, printed film and perforated window film and durability ranges by product from 1 to 2 years.
- Avery Dennison 100 Application Tape products include XHA 7745 foam sign tape, and hi-tac and medium-tac application tapes, as well as clear application tape.
- Accessories A full line of accessories are available for one stop shopping, including application tapes, squeegees, rivet brushes, tool belts, knives, magnets, boxes, liners, and other essential supplies for the successful graphic convertor.
Many of the same considerations apply to screen and cut vinyl as digital films when determining which vinyl to use for a job.
Following are several questions to keep in mind when choosing the appropriate pressure-sensitive vinyl for a job.
- Is the application surface flat or curved and does it have rivets or corrugation?
- What’s the expected lifespan of the graphic?
- Are there cost considerations or implications?
- Where will the graphic live? Will it be inside or outside?
- Is the adhesive a consideration?
Avery 900 Ultimate Cast vinyl films are the right choice for applications with compound curves, rivets and corrugation and provide much more conformability than calendered films. Ultimate Cast overlaminates can be used to achieve a matte or luster look for vehicle wraps.
Calendered films and overlaminates are a good fit for flat applications and those that are short-term such as POP or trade show graphics because they’re thicker than cast films and are more affordable.
Avery Dennison led the industry in developing the Color Card which includes samples of all Avery screen and cut vinyl so that you can compare and match colors, each sample strip can be removed and reinserted in the book. The film finish, color name, adhesive and liner are indicated by the product number with a helpful key in the front of the book.
The Color Selector is available for free from your distributor or by emailing email@example.com.