Molly Waters explains the ins and outs of cleaning vehicle wraps and graphics over on our blog, AveryRollPlay.com. Yes, you can wash a vehicle wrap and even wax it, but not matte wraps. Get all the details in the article.
I recently wrote an article for SignIndustry.com about how to care for and maintain various types of wraps – whether digital or matte paint replacement. It’s important and beneficial to regularly clean vehicle wraps and graphics.
Here are a few highlights from the article.
Why cleaning is important:
- Cleaning a wrap can help prolong the life of the graphics by protecting it from UV damage and environmental pollutants.
- Using an approved wax can provide added UV protection, especially for horizontal areas.
- Washing by hand is one of the best ways to clean a wrap.
- If using a pressure washer, follow Avery Dennison guidelines. (detailed in the article).
- Waterless washes work well unless the vehicle is very dirty, then hand wash beforehand.
- Wax can be used as long as it doesn’t contain petroleum distillates.
For matte wraps, don’t use waterless washes that contain wax. You will get glossy spots.
Visit Molly's original posting here.